What Is A Health Coach?
Unlike your mom, your aunt, your hairdresser and everyone on Facebook, a health coach (me) has been trained in the science of nutrition and the art of coaching. My only agenda is to teach you dietary and lifestyle hacks to look and feel better than you’ve ever felt before. No gimmicks, powders, shakes, pyramids schemes or counting of anything- just me teaching you how to eat and you feeling all of the benefits.
Why You Need Me
Health coaching is a tremendously efficient way of getting the healthy weight, clear skin, good sleep, super-human energy type health we all want but seems so elusive.
Why is it so tremendously efficient you ask? Because you’re working with a coach! Someone actually trained in the science of nutrition and the art of coaching!
Let’s put it this way:
- You hire a wedding planner to create your dream wedding.
- You hire an accountant to balance the books.
- You hire a dance instructor to learn the fox trot.
- You hire a personal trainer to get a better bod (even though abs are made in the kitchen. Just sayin’.)
And you’re telling me you’re just going to wing it with food?
Why WOULDN’T you hire a health coach to get healthy when health is oh-so-important?
Especially when the world of health and food and nutrition can be so dang confusing! When often it’s intentionally confusing to keep us spending money on junk they say is good for us but is really so, so bad!
When pop icon Taylor Swift and dozens of the cutest kittens you’ve ever seen are saying “drink Diet Coke” how are we supposed to move those kittens aside and say “oh, heck no T-Swift!”
I’m exhausted just thinking about it and I bet you are too.
So be done with all that. Hire a health coach.
What I Do
- I teach you how to eat (a lot) more plants.
- I’ll help you fall in love with healthy eating because #1 plants are delicious #2 you’ll look & feel so good you’ll be begging me for more plant-based recipes.
- I teach you how to edge the bad stuff out by crowding the good stuff in.
- I’ll tell you the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth because anything less isn’t worth our precious time.
- I’ll show you how to live this way even when it seems inconvenient- like traveling, at fancy dinners or even camping (vegan marshmallow 90% cacao gluten free S’mores anyone? Just kidding. Or am I?).
- I offer you the accountability you need to keep your goals front and center and the motivation to keep moving forward.
“Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”
– Michael Pollan, food activist
Plants are nutritional superheroes and you’re definitely not eating enough of them. They are result oriented change makers. They come in all colors, shapes, sizes and flavors with each imparting some new and exciting aspect of nutrition on us. They cleanse us from the inside out and excavate our innate beauty. Whatever your goals are, there’s a plant for that.
What I Don’t Do
Teach quick fixes. A quick fix only leads to shallow and fleeting results. Been there done that, right? I teach a lifestyle designed to create results that last forever.
How I Do It
- By meeting with you twice monthly, for about an hour, every other week. That’s 2 sessions per month where we get super clear on your goals and create a specific plan on how to get you there.
- In between meetings you have full access to me for any questions, comments, concerns or should I eat this or that scenarios.
- A lot of hands on learning! You’ll go from “hmmmmm, I’m not so sure about those green smoothies” to blending greens in your sleep!
- Also, consider this the judgment free zone because I don’t particularly care what type of diet you follow. You can eat all the meat you want (pasture raised, humanely sourced, grass fed meat that is, because it’s the only kind that’s not complete crap) as long as you’re open to power of plants.
- With recipes that are delicious and nutritious. This is not a sad salad a day type thing.
Who Do I Work With?
You! Or any other seeking-to-be-health-conscious individuals.
Brides feeling stressed and overwhelmed but also under a lot of pressure to look and feel their best for the Big Day.
Cleanse Groups. I run fun, inspired & educational cleanse programs 4 times a year. No, not the water & cayenne pepper kind. The kind where you can stuff yourself silly on all the best foods nature has to offer and still wind up feeling amazing.
Small Groups. Have some friends who want to hop on the bandwagon with you? Awesome! Contact me for group details.
Packages & Pricing
Month-to-Month: $150 per month
3-month package: $385
5-month package: $600
All packages include 2 sessions per month, unlimited support between sessions plus recipes & resources galore!
The Wham Bam Thank Ya Ma’am: For those tight on time but good with follow through this is a one-day, 3-hour coaching intensive. $210
Questions on how this would work specifically for you? Contact me here.
Peace & Plants,
Love from Previous Clients:
I came to Jessie because I was looking for some general guidance about getting healthier and didn’t know where to start. I had seen some family member deal with some serious health issues and didn’t want that for myself. The only thing better than the guidance and knowledge is the accountability you get from working with a coach. I absolutely loved this experience! Everything about my eating has changed and I am so, so much better for it. – Amy Patterson
Working with Jessie has been nothing short of absolutely life changing. I came to her to help me lose some weight and she opened my eyes to a completely new way of eating and relating to my body. She is so knowledgeable and so compassionate to my issues- I will never look at food or my body the same way again. – Barbara Jennings
When I started consulting with Jessie I was most specifically looking for ways to both deal with my crushingly painful periods and to lose weight through changing my eating and lifestyle habits. There is so much information out there and many times it’s conflicting. By consulting with Jessie I was able to get much needed clarity. She helped cement new ideas about food and how it affects my body that have changed some of my food habits forever. She is thoughtful, understanding, not judgmental and taught me that I ought to treat my body in the same way. She helped me get my cramps under control (hallelujah!!!!) and slim back down to my pre-marriage weight. Most of all she helped me to be compassionate with myself. It’s very easy to emotionally beat yourself up with a lot of “shoulds” and “shouldnt’s” which usually seems to make the problems snowball. Jessie devoted time to get to know my specific issues emotionally and physically in a way that made me at ease and it felt like she finally flicked the light switch on! I am eternally grateful for her helping me shift my consciousness and making sense in the confusing world of the female body! I cannot recommend her more. – Lindsay Trina