If you didn’t hear our latest update, it’s that we are now live blabbing every month.
And we couldn’t be more excited about it. Together with our inspiring contributors, we’re bringing you a whole year of live-discussions revolving around topics we find necessary to talk more about within our self-employed community.
So to kick off the New Year, we wanted to start our blab series with a talk on self-sabotage and strategies for overcoming it. Joining me live were Kelly Elizabeth Scott and Luna Love – both who shined like I knew they would and offered some AMAZING advice and insight.
Take a look:
Some of the shiny takeaways and summary points:
- “If you spot it, you got it.” – A mantra quoted by Luna Love about self-awareness. If you something in someone else, self-reflect and see that it’s also in you. Her example: If you see someone is beautiful, that means beautiful is within you.
- Use 2016 to find a mentor who can work with you on mindfulness and overcoming self-sabotage. Every business owner needs to invest in this aspect of themselves and their business to be successful.
- Journaling is a great way to get self-sabotage out, on paper, where you can see it and take action. Not only does it get it out of your head, but it helps you work through it.
- Create a “brag book” for you and your business. Fill it with testimonials, compliments you receive, and all the wonderful things that were said to you about your value, expertise, and your business. Refer to it often when you need a pick-me-up.
- Remember that assuming you are unique in your insecurities, self-sabotage or fears creates a false distance between you and other people. Chances are, your colleagues have or are facing the exact same fears. Build a sense of community to people by finding common ground on them.
- We love the Grid Diary for closing out your day by focusing on the highlights, reminding you to celebrate the small and big things.
Connect with us on blab and keep an eye out for February’s live discussion!